[coreboot] Resource allocation

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 20:20:54 CET 2008

My understanding is that their BARs would be too large to allow them to be
allocated at 0x3xx.

Can we try a concrete example?

Opteron -> 8111 -> 8111lpc -> Winbond SuperIO

The SuperIO has resources like this:
	PNP 2e.0: size 8 align 3 gran 3 limit 7ff flags 100 index 60
		- IO resource that has to be allocated below 7ff
	PNP 2e.5: size 1 align 0 gran 0 limit ffffffff flags 60000100 index
60
		- IO resource that has to be allocated below ffffffff

Then does the 8111lpc need to have an IO subtractive resource? the 8111? the
domain?

Are either of them supposed to be positively decoded by the bridge, or
should we let them both live under 7ff?  What code takes care of this? What
code makes sure that these resources don't conflict?

Thanks,
Myles