[coreboot] Resource allocation

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 21:07:20 CET 2008

Yes.  The flash just works.  I'm having trouble with PNP devices.

> > Are either of them supposed to be positively decoded by the bridge, or
> > should we let them both live under 7ff?  What code takes care of this?
> What
> > code makes sure that these resources don't conflict?
>
> From memory, on the old boards, the very early resource map setup in
> v2 auto.c did this. Things were set up just enough that the basic
> legacy devices worked.

So the parallel port, floppy, etc should be enabled in stage1? Otherwise
their addresses will be set later.

> Note that config space doesn't change later --
> just some basic routing. So if the subtractive path doesn't get messed
> up, and no other resource positively decodes this, we're ok.

This seems to work fine.  The resources that need to be set up to be below
7ff don't work.

> Let's not  bring the IOINDEX_SUBTRACTIVE resources into this
> discussion -- I did that already and it got me into trouble. The
> SUBTRACTIVE name in the resource code is misleading IMHO.

I'm sorry.  I realize that I'm trying to go too many directions at once and
I can't keep it all on the top of the stack.  It's too much complexity.

Does anyone have an idea why resource allocation isn't working?  My talking
around the idea hasn't helped me yet.

Thanks,
Myles