[coreboot] ACPI S3

Jordan Crouse jordan at cosmicpenguin.net
Wed Nov 12 23:03:36 CET 2008

Marc Jones wrote:
> [...]

That is a good idea.  There might also be some ACPI rules about where
the stack can be on a resuming BIOS - I'm not sure what traditional
BIOSes do for that.  The only other x86 firmware I'm aware of is OFW on
the OLPC, and he manages to make it through the entire resume with just
registers.  Hopefully we don't need too much stack - the quicker we can
resume (and the fewer functions we have to call) the happier we will be.

>>> 2. How to jump into the wakeup_start in x86_64/kernel/acpi/wakeup.S? The code
>> is in real mode, how does coreboot jump from the protected mode to the entry? In
>> my case, the wakeup_start points to the physical address 0x2000, from there some
>> real mode code reside. How to jump to the code.
>>
>> There is reset vector in some DSDT table. Check mine original patch.
>>

> The real vm86 think code in either real_mode_switch_call_* should be a good example.

The jump back to the OS should be as generic as possible, since every
platform will eventually need it.

Jordan