[coreboot] Coreboot on Tyan S2892
peter at stuge.se
Wed Nov 12 23:33:28 CET 2008
Myles Watson wrote:
> > > In case this turns out to be a dead end, what does porting a driver
> > > to FILO involve?
> > It depends on the requirements of the driver,
> Storage. nvidia ck804 sata.
Ugh. Probably painful. From linux/drivers/ata/sata_nv.c:
* No hardware documentation available outside of NVIDIA.
* This driver programs the NVIDIA SATA controller in a similar
* fashion as with other PCI IDE BMDMA controllers, with a few
* NV-specific details such as register offsets, SATA phy location,
* hotplug info, etc.
* CK804/MCP04 controllers support an alternate programming interface
* similar to the ADMA specification (with some modifications).
* This allows the use of NCQ. Non-DMA-mapped ATA commands are still
* sent through the legacy interface.
There's no DMA infrastructure in FILO or libpayload.
But the second paragraph seems to imply that PIO through legacy
interface should work.
> > but hopefully it wont be neccessary.
Really, try to avoid it. Get larger flash chips.
More information about the coreboot