[coreboot] GA-M57SLI-S4 ECC memory.

John Danks jrdanks at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 06:47:50 CET 2008

Can somebody give a definite answer whether the GA-M57SLI-S4 supports
ECC RAM.  Did Gigabyte put the necessary traces on the motherboard?

There are conflicting results with the Gigabyte Specifications[1]
stating that ECC is supported, where as Crucial[2] and Kingston[3]
both state that ECC is NOT supported.

Does Coreboot support ECC RAM on this board?
The GA-M57SLI-S4 tutorial lists ECC RAM as "untested".

With the board being EOL I am in the process of retiring these
workstations, and resuscitating them as servers with additional RAM.
As a workstation ECC RAM did not matter,  but now with the extended
uptimes I feel it worth replacing memory with ECC RAM.

[2] http://www.crucial.com/eu/store/listparts.aspx?model=GA-M57SLI-S4