[coreboot] PCI interrupts and VGA?

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 22:27:04 CET 2008

I'm attaching the config dumps for v2 and v3.  I've modified the v2 dump by
taking out the subsystem vendor and device IDs because I don't think they
affect functionality and they confuse the issue.

There are relatively few differences left, but I'm not sure what's the most
important one.

Some of the differences are:
1. v2 sets interrupts, v3 doesn't (when and where should that happen?)
2. v2 enables the other core in the Opteron, v3 doesn't yet (low priority
for now)

It looks like the bridges are all set up correctly, but the VGA area
0xa0000-0xbffff isn't getting to the VGA card (If you look at the other
mapping, it's not updated)

The current status is:
- Coreboot boots to the payload
- VGA ROM is run
- Screen turns black (initializes) (that means that the VGA IOs in the 0x3xx
range are getting there.)
- No output on screen

Thanks,
Myles