[coreboot] Coreboot on Tyan S2892

Anose, Bijoy K (N-Aerotek) bijoy.k.anose at lmco.com
Fri Nov 14 01:04:49 CET 2008

Unfortunately, I didn't get a successful boot.  I didn't try appending
the VGA chunk
yet.  Maybe I'll need to, in order to have any hope of debugging though,
since I'm not
getting any serial console output at all.

> >> I hope we don't have SATA performance issues with the S2892.. that
> >> would
> > probably prevent us from using coreboot.
>
> So far it's just me seeing that, on one specific board
> (s2891). So don't worry about that too much just yet.

True, I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

First I'll need to be able to boot, period.  So far, what I've done is
this:

1.  Subversion checkout of latest buildrom
2.  make menuconfig, specifying Tyan S2892, 32-bit LAB
3.  make

Do I need to do further configuration (Config.lb etc)?  I thought that
the menuconfig
took care of everything.  Maybe that was wishful thinking..

-Bijoy