[coreboot] LPCflasher Project

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sat Nov 15 21:26:05 CET 2008

Joseph Smith wrote:
> Anyone know if USB ports have power feedback protection.

All the details are in the USB spec. IIRC electrical is a separate

> What I mean by that is if I use the LPCflasher as a inline flasher
> with a PLCC32 socket plug,

I don't understand this. Do you mean a socket or a plug?

> flash the chip

Flash which chip?

> and then power up the motherboard, I don't want the VCC's from the
> motherboard to short out the flasher and or the USB port from the
> host PC.

Make sure GND is connected across and you should be OK.

> The 3.3V regulator I am using has a internal diode so I am not so
> worried about that. I am just worried about the power source 5V
> USB. I could always use a Schottky diode that will only drop the
> voltage by .6V, but I don't know if 4.4V will suffice???

Suffice for what? Look at the documentation for the regulator you're
using to see what input voltage it needs.