[coreboot] Coreboot on Tyan S2892

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 18:19:12 CET 2008

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 9:40 AM, Anose, Bijoy K (N-Aerotek) <
bijoy.k.anose at lmco.com> wrote:

> [...]

How many do you have?  Ward has seen a problem with some disk controllers
not functioning on the ck804.  I've never used more than one.

> My guess is that coreboot is originally doing some low level block reads
> from
> the disk to load the kernel/initrd but when the final kernel attempts to
> do a
> SATA read from the disk, the controller has not been fully/properly
> initialized,
> and it fails.

Have you tried configure the busybox shell to not load automatically, and
looked at the SATA drives from there?

I assume that whatever modifications that Myles made to successfully
> boot from
> SATA devices with coreboot+LAB on S2892 have trickled down to buildrom..

I used buildrom.  I think the multiple drives may be getting you, though.

Thanks,
Myles