[coreboot] LPCflasher Wiki Page

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Thu Nov 20 18:43:31 CET 2008

On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 17:14:03 +0100, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger
<c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:
>> Thanks. I think flashrom support will be fairly easy to setup. We just
> need
>> to setup communications for a LPT port.
>>

> You need to implement a LPC protocol layer inside flashrom to do this.
> While I don't doubt that you can do this, it sure is quite a bit of
> effort.

That's exactly what I plan to do Carl-Daniel (with everyones help of
course). The windows software C source for the original program is
available for a reference point and it is very simple. We just need to
convert it to linux/flashrom language. I plan on adding a L option to
flashrom for this. Probibly something like "-l /dev/lp0"

Joseph Smith
Set-Top-Linux
www.settoplinux.org