[coreboot] LPCflasher Wiki Page

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Thu Nov 20 19:04:18 CET 2008

On 20.11.2008 18:43, Joseph Smith wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 17:14:03 +0100, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger
> <c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:
>
>>> Thanks. I think flashrom support will be fairly easy to setup. We just
>>> need to setup communications for a LPT port.
>>>
>> You need to implement a LPC protocol layer inside flashrom to do this.
>> While I don't doubt that you can do this, it sure is quite a bit of
>> effort.
>>

> That's exactly what I plan to do Carl-Daniel (with everyones help of
> course).

Great!

> The windows software C source for the original program is
> available for a reference point and it is very simple. We just need to
> convert it to linux/flashrom language.

What's the license of that software?

> I plan on adding a L option to
> flashrom for this. Probibly something like "-l /dev/lp0"

Can we use long options until we have decided on the final one-letter
options? My suggestion for these external flashers would be to specify
the name of the host/programmer like "--host=lpcflasher" and possibly
"--interface=/dev/lp0". That way, we can restrict the probe sequences to
those which are supported by a given programmer.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
http://www.hailfinger.org/