[coreboot] LPCflasher Wiki Page

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Thu Nov 20 23:03:35 CET 2008

On 20.11.2008 21:48, Joseph Smith wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 19:04:18 +0100, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger
> <c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:
>
>> On 20.11.2008 18:43, Joseph Smith wrote:
>>
>>> The windows software C source for the original program is
>>> available for a reference point and it is very simple. We just need to
>>> convert it to linux/flashrom language.
>>>
>> What's the license of that software?
>>

> Not sure there is no license in any of the headers, and we can't get a
> response from the author...

We could give that person time to respond. He/she may be on vacation or
have other reasons to delay an answer.

>>> I plan on adding a L option to
>>> flashrom for this. Probibly something like "-l /dev/lp0"
>>>

>> Can we use long options until we have decided on the final one-letter
>> options? My suggestion for these external flashers would be to specify
>> the name of the host/programmer like "--host=lpcflasher" and possibly
>> "--interface=/dev/lp0". That way, we can restrict the probe sequences to
>> those which are supported by a given programmer.
>>

> Hmm, that is a possibility, that also opens the door for other programmers
> to use flashrom :-)

That was my intention. We could use "--host=rayerspiflasher" for that
homebrew SPI flasher. It would certainly help if flashrom became the
default Linux tool for homebrew flashers.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
http://www.hailfinger.org/