[coreboot] v3 CAR/ROM area collision on C7 and Core2Duo

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Wed Nov 26 01:05:26 CET 2008

Hi Jason,

On 24.11.2008 04:31, JasonZhao at viatech.com.cn wrote:
> No VIA's datasheet tell about the location of C7 CAR, and I remember
> once I used an address even lower than 0xFFBF0000 (NOT 0xc8000). Also I
> tried 0xFFBF0000 on my current v2-coreboot just now, the result is ok.

Thanks a lot for checking this.
If you find some free time, it would be great if you could test
0xFEC00000 as well. That location is 20 MB below 4GB and the lowest
location inside the DEVICE_MEM_HIGH protection window where coreboot
will not place any device memory regions, so it is free for ROM and CAR.
If that works, we have found a really collision-free window even for the
biggest SPI ROMs.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--