[coreboot] r3777 build service

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Fri Nov 28 23:03:58 CET 2008

Corey Osgood wrote:

>     This is exactly the error the change was supposed to fix.
>

> Is it possible the build system didn't rebuild abuild or some part of
> the config system before it ran?
>
> -Corey
It's odd. I couldn't reproduce any failure in 5 complete abuild runs
after we made the patch.

The problem is that we end up with a valid option_table.o file (not
truncated) but it has no symbols and no data in there.
The file is 900 something bytes, which is exactly the size of an elf
object created by
touch foo.c
gcc -c foo.c -o foo.o

At least in one of the targets that failed, buid_opt_table was called 5
times, whereas it should only be called twice in the whole build process.

This makes me think make gets confused during the build process. Patrick
suggested it might be some serialization issue, but I'm slowly running
out of ideas for things that we can check without wasting a lot of time.

Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613