[coreboot] r3777 build service

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Sun Nov 30 15:56:22 CET 2008

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> Make totally depends on timestamps.
This is interesting information. I falsely assumed it would make sure
that it executed a rule to the end if it's pulled in through a
dependency before assuming that dependency to be satisfied.

> How do we solve it? Two ways are possible:
> 1. Fix build_opt_tbl.c to use fopen/fwrite/fclose/rename.
> 2. Perform that logic in the makefile.
> Fixing build_opt_tbl.c is IMHO the preferred course because it avoids
> hacks in makefiles.

Ok. Well, 2. was definitely easier to hack up correctly, but here you
go. A somewhat race safe build_opt_tbl. Check r3783.

I'm attaching the Makefile hack fix as a reference (Not required
anymore, DO NOT APPLY)

> my right hand is injured and I am typing with
> my left hand only (no worries ;-)).

Get well soon!

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613