[coreboot] splash screen

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 17:58:30 CEST 2008

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 7:36 AM, Jordan Crouse <jordan.crouse at amd.com> wrote:

> Thats just my opinion - as always, patches are gladly accepted.  Just
> remember who we are, what we are doing.  Somebody at the Linux Plumbers
> Conference said, "Every time I see a splash screen, I wonder what they
> have to hide".  Coreboot is the only loader on earth that doesn't actually
> have anything to hide.  Lets try not to go overboard architecting a solution
> for one problem we don't have.

in fact I may let linux do the splash screen anyway -- all other
options are looking painful.

Remember the original linuxbios slogan? "Let Linux do it".

One thing I've noticed is that, having dropped Linux as a primary
payload, we are recreating lots of code for things linux can already
do.

Once we start to implement IPV6 in a payload, we need to stop and
think hard about what we are doing.

ron