[coreboot] v3 error messages

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Fri Oct 3 00:28:39 CEST 2008

On 02.10.2008 22:58, Myles Watson wrote:
> I can't get v3 for simnow to work with coreinfo as the payload.  I get no
> VGA even if I enable it, VGA is never mentioned in the boot log, and it ends
> with a triple fault:
>
> cisc-cpu.cpp: CProcessor::GenerateException(): shutdown due to triple fault
>
> Fatal error reached, stopping simulation.  Error message(s) follow:
>
> cisc-cpu.cpp: CProcessor::GenerateException(): shutdown due to triple fault
>
> NOTE:  Simulation cannot be restarted until a reset is asserted.
> Simulation state CAN be inspected with the SimNow debugger.
>
> -- end triple fault --
>
> This error shows up in the boot log for simnow 4.4.4pub:
> k8_domain_scan_bus
> pci_scan_bus start bus 0x0000ce2c, bus->dev 0x0000cbe0
> ERROR: pci_scan_bus called with incorrect bus->dev->path.type, path is
> PCI_DOMAIN: 0000
> PCI: pci_scan_bus for bus 00
> pci_scan_bus: old_devices 0x0000cee0, dev for this bus 0x0000cbe0 (domain_0)
> PCI: scan devfn 0xc0 to 0xff
>
> It also shows up now in QEMU (it didn't use to.)
> pci_domain_scan_bus: calling pci_scan_bus
> pci_scan_bus start bus 0x0000ac0c, bus->dev 0x0000a9c0
> ERROR: pci_scan_bus called with incorrect bus->dev->path.type, path is
> PCI_DOMAIN: 0000

Ah yes, the old bug. Very old bug. I added the error message so people
don't wonder why none of the devices in the prebuilt device tree are found.
IIRC Ron wanted to fix that with his device tree rewrite that was
committed some time ago. Oh well.

> PCI: pci_scan_bus for bus 00
>
> This "Not a multi function device" message is new to QEMU too.
> PCI: 00:00.0 [PCI: 8086:1237] enabled
> PCI: pci_scan_bus pci_probe_dev returns dev 0x0000b918(dynamic PCI: 00:00.0)
> Not a multi function device, or the device is not present. Skip to next
> device.

That message should be _INFO. It simply tells you why it skips some
devfn in the scan.

> PCI: devfn 0x8
> pci_scan_get_dev: list is 0x0008fee0, *list is 0x0000acc0
>
> Has anyone gotten v3 + coreinfo to work on simnow 4.4.4pub?

My 64bit machines (needed for Simnow) are down right now and back when
they were working there was no working Simnow target.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
http://www.hailfinger.org/