[coreboot] patch: print out msg level on printk

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Sun Oct 5 22:04:34 CEST 2008

On 05.10.2008 07:29, ron minnich wrote:
> This patch provides output like this:
> <8>dynamic PCI: 00:0b.1(PCI: 00:0b.1): enabled 1 have_resources 1 initialized 1
> <7>Stage2 code done.
> <6>LAR: Attempting to open 'normal/payload/segment0'.
> <8>LAR: Start 0xfff80000 len 0x80000
> <8>LAR: seen member normal/option_table at 0xfff80000, size 1776
> <8>LAR: seen member normal/initram/segment0 at 0xfff80740, size 31644
> We can thus get SPEW data but then easily filter it by log level.

AFAICS this will look strange for multiline and half-line printk statements.
Hm. We could check whether the last printed character was \n and add the
prefix only then. That fixes the half-line case.
The multiline case is a bit more difficult.

I'll look into this over the next few days if you don't beat me to it.