[coreboot] AMD690GM-M2

Corey Osgood corey.osgood at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 09:32:38 CEST 2008

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 2:44 AM, Josh <zorn169 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I have an AMD690GM-M2.  I noticed that it  is listed on the wiki as a
> potentially supportable desktop board.  I can confirm that, at least on
> my board, the BIOS is socketed.  Unfortunately, I didn't notice until
> after I got the board, that it doesn't have a serial port (or a parallel
> port for that matter).  I guess that makes things more difficult.
>
> If you want any more information on the board, please let me know.
>
> Josh

00:13.5 USB Controller [0c03]: ATI Technologies Inc SB600 USB
Controller (EHCI) [1002:4386] (prog-if 20 [EHCI])
> 	[...]
> 	Capabilities: [e4] Debug port: BAR=1 offset=00e0

Not really more difficult, just more expensive. You'll need a USB debug port
adapter to use for the console. Unless, of course, AMD is in the process of
porting this board already, in which case you should be able to use VGA
console once they're done.

-Corey