[coreboot] Proposed rom renaming change

Marc Jones Marc.Jones at amd.com
Tue Oct 7 23:23:48 CEST 2008

Ward Vandewege wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 07, 2008 at 01:55:14PM -0600, Jordan Crouse wrote:
>> Our current ROM naming scheme in buildrom is <vendor>-<platform>.rom.
>> This is all nice and good, but for archiving (or rom-o-matic) purposes,
>> we need to be more descriptive.  Therefore, I propose that we move to
>> the more unwieldly, but also more descriptive:

>> Thoughts?
>
> Great. I'd be happy to see a date/timestamp in there too.

That would make the string really long. I think the revision is more
relevant. A build date should follow the file date/time. I know that can
get lost but....

I guess that the reason you want time/date is for builds that use local
files and are not a svn co r###. What about replace the cbv[###] with
the time/date or other user string on local builds?

More thoughts?
Marc

--
Marc Jones