[coreboot] AMD Serengeti Cheetah devices

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 17:40:00 CEST 2008

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 8:30 AM, Myles Watson <mylesgw at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Very nice.  Now how do we disable the 8111 nic and EHCI (like v2 does)?
>> I'm
>> > still curious how that works.
>> >
>> Disable for scanning or disable once it is all scanned and address
>> space allocated?
> Good question.  What did the v2 disable mean?

so here are the cases. You might not want to scan the device, or you
might want the device to actually not be visible.

make it not scanned, put enabled = "0" in dts.
*possibly* make it disappear, put enabled = "0" in dts but also have a
phase4_enable_disable that will look at dev->enabled and make the
magic happen.

For now, you can try
enabled = "0"; in the dts entry for the nic.