[coreboot] alix.2c3 stops at mainboard_pre_payload: done

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Thu Oct 9 22:20:29 CEST 2008

Roman Yeryomin wrote:
> >> what could be the problem?
> >
> > My 1c has the serial port on a superio chip. I recognize this
> > problem from other boards. I also have a 3c3 where I saw this
> > before I fried the 5536 ATA driver.
>
> Sorry didn't understand what you actually mean here... that I have
> fried my hardware?

Sorry! No not at all!

The serial port on alix1c is on the Winbond superio chip. The alix2
and 3 boards do not have this superio chip and their serial port is
connected directly to the 5536 - and this is probably the reason that
serial doesn't work anymore.

The 5536 port shall of course work too, but the Winbond chip is much
more common.

I only meant that I haven't spent any time on my 3c3 board since I
fried it.

Sorry for the confusion!

//Peter