[coreboot] ### ALDO Windows Coreboot

Steve Spano steve at fl-eng.com
Fri Oct 10 21:10:15 CEST 2008

Hi Folks,

I have an AMD LX800 custom board running coreboot v2 and linux just fine.

We may now want to use coreboot to boot a Windows2000/XP. I have traced
through the FAQ/lists and assembled this

1) ALDO embedded with CorebootV3
2) Merged in the LX VGA ROM file (64KB) into the blob/vsa folder

My goal right now is to have it recognize a CDROM, install Windows to a 4GB
Compact Flash (as an IDE slave), and then boot onto the CompactFlash as
IDE-Master.

I cannot seem to get the CDROM to boot. Nor can I get the comapct flash,
with a known good linux image, to boot.

I get all the way into ALDO during boot, ALDO finds the CDrom/CF but then it
seems like it has some issue scanning the ATA bus. It says that

"in13_hardisk:function 2 unmapped device for ELDL=80"

Debugging into this, it is triggered by this (devices>=BX_MAX_ATA_DEVICES)
and it seems like regardless of if I have a CD, CD+CF, or CF, I am always
getting devices=BX_MAX_ATA_DEVICES.
Also, seems like there is an int13_cdrom as well? Shouldnt that be called in
the handler for detecting CD rom?

Also - I assume that ADLO can boot a linux image as well. I believe that's
what I read?

If anyone has a few hints, that would be great.

Thanks

Steve Spano, President

Finger Lakes Engineering