[coreboot] resuming a kernel directly from coreboot?

Matt Price matt.price at utoronto.ca
Sat Oct 18 01:47:56 CEST 2008

hi,

i'm putting together a new system and am wondering whether the new
feature that's been implemented in recent kernels is supported by
coreboot. I'm thinking of the mkernel switching feature, where kernel A
can start the boot process, read a hibernate image written by kernel B,
and resume into the hibernated state -- so that, in effect, you've done
a kind of kernel-pivot & end up with kernel  B as your kernel.  What I'd
like is to have my system running as usual, then hibernate, and on
resume, have the coreboot bios look for the image and boot directly into
it.  That would cut a huge chunk of time out of my resume.

Anyway just wondering if that's possible or not.  Thanks for your help!

matt

--
Matt Price
matt.price at utoronto.ca