[coreboot] new project.

James Ortega rlocone at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 16:23:52 CEST 2008

On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 10:09 AM, Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se> wrote:

> Hi James,
>
> James Ortega wrote:
> > load Linux Firewall off a solid state drive.
>
> If you have the possibility to use a larger flash chip than the
> standard supplied with the board you can even load the Linux kernel
> itself off the boot flash.

Thanks for your speedy response.

Forgive my ignorance, something like CF Flash?

> > Requirements.
> >
> > AMD mainboard
> > 2gb ram
> > dual nic (must have)
> > micro atx
> > 2x 2.5 sold state drive. or the new 1.8 inch drive. (raid)
> >
> > This hardware needs to fit into the new Antec Skeleton Mini case.
>
> Hmm, what kind of CPU power do you need? And how would the drives be
> used? For example the PC Engines ALIX.2 boards are well supported by
> coreboot and come in different configurations with multiple network
> ports.

I was looking for maybe an x2 would be fine for the processor.  The drives
will be needed to house the firewall software.  In addition they will
contain the log files.  As a precaution the log files will also be sent to a
syslog server.

I'll look at the above mentioned boards and see if they fix my requirements.

Thanks for your time & attention,