[coreboot] IB520 Embedded MoBo

Davide Visconti viscontidavide at tele2.it
Sun Oct 19 22:54:06 CEST 2008

 > [...]
>
>> But...the Init process? Who launch it?
>
> If you selected a "Linux kernel payload" then the Linux kernel is
> inside the .rom file and will mount root and start init according to
> the Kernel command line option in buildrom. You can find these
> options in the buildrom menuconfig:
>
> Payload Configuration -> Desired payload -> Linux kernel
> and
> Payload Configuration -> Desired payload -> Kernel Configuration -> Kernel command line

Ok, perfetct!
I have search on the internet but I don't find an example.
If, in a normal grub configuration file I have:

title Ubuntu
root (hd0,0)
kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.20 root=/dev/hda1 ro quiet splash
initrd /boot/initrd.img-2.6.20

I replace this in "Kernel command line" coreboot option with...?
Can you post an example?
...and in my sample grub conf is specified the root (root=/dev/hda1).
Where is specified in the coreboot? I must pass it always in the "kernel
command line" option? How?

After the correct point of init process I will have to do a
modifications on a source of the PcEngine alix1c file config because I
have another mobo (IB520). It's correct?
...or recovery and try with a alix1c board for verify the correct rom build.

Thank you very much for the help.
If I complete correctly the build, download, etc.. I will write a simple
pdf howto for the person (like me) that know a lot little the coreboot
project.