[coreboot] DFI Infinity NF570-M2/G motherboard

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sun Oct 26 06:15:51 CET 2008

Corey Osgood wrote:
> Filo orders drives starting with IDE,

For filo-0.5 the drive order is actually two drives per PCI bus

For filo-0.6 (current trunk, using libpayload) the drive enumeration
has changed to something else, but I don't know exactly what. I spent
some time tracing through the code but just looking at it, it seems
like it has changed the 0.5 functionality. Not sure.

> so if the southbridge (not the motherboard) supports 2 IDE
> channels, (4 drives), the first SATA device would be hde.

Again it's in bus order so the right name depends on what comes
before SATA on the PCI bus.

> That should change if any of the ide channels are disabled, but
> that depends on wether or not their being disabled correctly.

> Also, FILO should have an option to use longer delays for some
> buggy SATA devices, can you try it?

Right - this is likely to be neccessary with mechanical media.