[coreboot] unrv2b delay (v2)

Arne Georg Gleditsch arne.gleditsch at numascale.com
Wed Oct 29 17:40:56 CET 2008

Marc Jones <Marc.Jones at amd.com> writes:
> I have thought about this a while back and have wanted to make a
> change. Disabling CAR should fixup the stack etc but for performance
> reasons we should setup/leave ROM and RAM caching enabled on the
> BSP. If you are interested in looking at that I think it would be
> great.

I considered that, but this being v2 I went with the unsophisticated
approach; presuming it would be easier to debug and less intrusive a
change.  It might be wrong on that. of course, but when the naive
modifications turned out to be sufficient I didn't investigate further.
(I believe the time window where this is a problem is fairly small?)

How is the transition from CAR to regular cached DRAM done i v3?  (I
must admit to not being terribly hip with the v3 code base; is it
approaching a stage where it might make sense to add something like the
tyan s2912 port to it?)

--
								Arne.