[coreboot] r964 - coreboot-v3/util/x86emu

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Thu Oct 30 01:43:46 CET 2008

On 30.10.2008 01:26, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> So, just come up with a better solution for the problem that does not
> involve using FSEG because that's gone already.

What about:
- Keep the shared part of the ROM cached (or even locked in cache) or
anything that will allow the processor to continue fetching/executing
code while sizing the BARs.
- Trap on each option ROM write to a BAR, check if it is sizing related,
then give back the expected info and leave the BAR untouched. vm86 can
be trapped easily. For x86emu, we don't even have to trap. That leaves
our own BAR sizing as a possible problem. As long as we get that one
right, we win.

I believe Ron earlier suggested key ingredients of the recipe above, so
I don't want to take credit for it.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--