[coreboot] Flashrom problem

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Fri Oct 31 22:59:19 CET 2008

Collin Gregory wrote:
> When i'm launching flashrom, i get this error message :
>
> Can't mmap memory using /dev/mem : Invalid ARgument ...
>
> Does anyone knows what does it means ?

Need more information.

Please provide the output from:

strace flashrom

> My motherboard is the D945gclf with these technical informations:

Me and Stefan just bought this board. Unfortunately it only has one
DIMM slot so it will not work right.. :\

> - SMSC LPC47M997 based Legacy I/O controller for hardware
>   management, serial, parallel, and PS/2* ports

I'm also curious about exactly what this chip does. It's unrelated to
flashrom, but some SMSC superios are horrible.

//Peter