[coreboot] wiki account request (for GRUB 2)

Robert Millan rmh at aybabtu.com
Fri Sep 5 17:08:17 CEST 2008

Hi,

I notice in http://tracker.coreboot.org/trac/coreboot/ticket/88 that
Coresystems is no longer working on GRUB 2 (that's too bad, sorry that
it didn't work out, etc...).

I have nothing to say about what you will be recommending as default bootloader
in the future.  Right now your wiki still recommends GRUB 2, and I suppose
Coresystems folks will want to push for FILO.  But this is not a discussion
I want to be involved in (just wanted to clarify ;-)).

What I'm concerned about is that http://www.coreboot.org/GRUB2 in the wiki
currently points to a branch of GRUB that is (unless I missed something)
no longer being maintained.  And it provides information that will, over time,
become more and more obsolete.  I'm worried that this can reflect bad on the
image of GRUB.

So what I'd like is permission to keep it up to date, and reflect the current
state of GRUB mainline.  If you would give me a wiki account to do that, it'd
be much appreciated.

Thanks

--
Robert Millan