[coreboot] Kernel hang solid

Vincent Legoll vincent.legoll at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 01:54:28 CEST 2008

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 10:21 PM, Vincent Legoll
<vincent.legoll at gmail.com> wrote:
> Tested 2.6.{23,24,25} they all hang the same way at the same place:
> the first console_initcall() (which I don't know if it is the serial one or
> the vga one)

I've narrowed it to the
down(&console_sem) in acquire_console_sem() in kernel/printk.c
called from con_init() in drivers/char/vt.c

I suspect the spin_lock_irqsave() in there hanging...

I have a lot of CONNFIG_DEBUG_ options activated, especially
CONFIG_DEBUG_SPINLOCK, but in vain...

So is there something I can do to narrow the problem.
How can I validate my irq setup ?

--
Vincent Legoll