[coreboot] suspend/resume in v3

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 05:54:09 CEST 2008

On Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 5:06 PM, Kevin O'Connor <kevin at koconnor.net> wrote:

> Why can't the code use a new stack after CAR is disabled?
>
> To be clear, I think moving the stack would be a bad idea.  However, I
> don't see why the code can't just start using a new stack.

I don't want to revisit this if I don't have to :=)

This discussion of "use old stack"/"use new stack" went on for a bit,
and we went with "use old stack" for a number of reasons.
One big reason was that our production bios experts told us we really
ought to be able to keep using the stack after disabling car,
and we have shown with v3 that this is possible BUT BUT BUT:

we need to reserve 2x the active stack area (on entry to CAR) to
properly use the old stack on K8. Just FYI.

(NOT the whole CAR area, just the area of stack that is active when we
call disaable_car).

This is easy but it's important to remember it.

ron