[coreboot] suspend/resume in v3

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Mon Sep 8 14:29:11 CEST 2008

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> intraphase is initram? Would it make sense to have a fast path in
> initram for this?

Yes, it is even required.
>> <ruik> 4) when creating ACPI tables look to that place, in one table there will be OS waking vector
>> <ruik> 5) after all done, jump to OS instead of payload, switch A20 on go to real mode and jump
>> <ruik> 6) do this all steps in reserved memory, do not corrupt system memory used by OS
>>
>> I think 6) in particular deserves some consideration.
>>

> 6) is really easy with v3. A lot easier than with v2. I think I wrote a
> design doc about that one year ago.

Have a pointer?
> However, I am surprised that the SuperI/O acts as a power supply for RAM.

The SuperIO has GPIOs. These control various things, among them can be
the power lines of devices, such as WiFi or even RAM. Software needs to
be able to control RAM power, so either the southbridge GPIOs or the
SuperIO GPIOs are used for that.

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613