[coreboot] via vt82c686 southbridge

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 20:50:19 CEST 2008

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 11:42 AM, Daniel Lindenaar
<daniel-coreboot at lindenaar.eu> wrote:
> ron minnich wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 11:33 AM, Daniel Lindenaar
>> <daniel-coreboot at lindenaar.eu> wrote:
>>

>>> Ah I see, it's pretty much how the i2cdetect app works. I just did that
>>> and
>>> I got 128 times: "smbus_error: 04, Device Error", which is the same as I
>>> got
>>> from the spd functions :/
>>>

> Cr*p it seems I've overlooked that there were only 126 errors and actually
> 0x5a and 0x5b did reply... Does this help?

it helps quite a bit. It means there is almost certainly more than one
i2c bus, i.e. there is an i2c mux. Can you now identify what those two
devices are?

Such fun. You're going to have to find it ... I wonder if it is
mentioned in i2c somewhere?

ron