[coreboot] EHCI debug port finder

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Tue Sep 9 22:18:57 CEST 2008

On 09.09.2008 19:23, Joseph Smith wrote:
> On Tue, 09 Sep 2008 14:58:02 +0200, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger
> <c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:

>>> Well it maybe helpfull for someone that has a bunch of physical ports,
>>>
>>> but my boards only have two physical ports and I already know which
>>>
>>> one is the debug port/first port. But I could run it for you if you
>>> want me to...
>>>
>> That would be nice.
>>

> Will do.

Thanks.

>> Although the script was mainly written to find the
>> two debug ports on my machine with 14 ports, I hope it is useful for
>> smaller machines.
>>
> 14 ports??
> You must have a USB machine from hell :-)
> Cables running every which way :-)

Actually, I have zero USB devices plugged in. The board has 8 USB ports
(including one for debug) and I bought an add-in card (6 ports) which I
wanted to test for debug support.
I wonder whether I can add two more 6-port cards with one debug port
each to that machine. ;-)

My goal is to make sure the coreboot USB debug code works well with
plug-in cards. That's needed for boards without serial and without USB
debug support (mainly IBM boards).

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--