[coreboot] Proposed overhaul of the GRUB2 wiki page

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Tue Sep 9 23:36:27 CEST 2008

On 09.09.2008 23:14, Robert Millan wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 10:49:55PM +0200, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
>
>>> I think we could have two pages, one for each version.  In the page
>>> for Coresystems' GRUB, you could put anything you like to emphatise,
>>> and in the page for GRUB, we do the same.
>>>
>>> How does that sound?
>>>

>> As long as the variant with more coreboot-related features owns the main
>> page that would be OK.
>>

> I don't care what owns the main page, as long as you don't refer to an
> unmaintained piece of software as "GRUB".  Call it "Coresystems GRUB",
> or whatever.

I have an interest in keeping the coreboot GRUB2 fork alive and will
probably commit something every few months.
With this announcement, that GRUB2 fork is now maintained. Contact
information for the fork is listed here:
http://www.coreboot.org/GRUB2#How_to_help_and_report_bugs
The text on our GRUB2 page now reads: "There is currently no significant
work going on in our GRUB2 repository, not even synchronization to the
upstream repository. If you require the additional features of our
branch below, go ahead. Otherwise, upstream might serve you better. Or
not. If you want to help out or report bugs for our branch, see How to
help and report bugs
<http://www.coreboot.org/GRUB2#How_to_help_and_report_bugs>"

Problem solved.

Thanks,