[coreboot] Please list soldered/non-soldered BIOS

Vincent Legoll vincent.legoll at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 11:17:01 CEST 2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 2:19 AM, David Englund <dbe at gnu.org> wrote:
> "The fact that the BIOS is soldered onto the board complicates matters
> considerably, because it means that one flash of a faulty image will
> render your board unusable (it will be 'bricked')."
>
> Can anyone please list if the BIOS is soldered or non-soldered for each
> board at http://www.coreboot.org/Supported_Motherboards ?

Be careful with that kind of information, I think some motherboards have
different revisions with sometimes soldered and sometimes socketed
flash chips.

> If you don't do this, then I have to do this by my self in my own
> research for coreboot supported boards so please answer.

If you do this, please try to be very specific about mobo / PCB version.

> I also suggest that you make a contact link or a email address visible
> on the page. Can you do that?

There are links to personal pages in the status column for some
motherboards, and sometimes the best email adress you should
use for that kind of questions is the ML...

> I'm looking forward to use coreboot so thank you for bringin up this
> fine piece of software to the community.

Idem

--
Vincent Legoll