[coreboot] GA-M57SLI-S4 is AMD Phenom x4 compatible

Vincent Legoll vincent.legoll at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 14:05:10 CEST 2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 11:14 AM, Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se> wrote:
> David Englund wrote:
>> All these references says that GA-M57SLI-S4 "Supports AMD Phenom X4/
>> Phenom X3 processors*" but
>>
>> http://www.coreboot.org/Supported_Motherboards only list "AMD Sempron??? /
>> Athlon??? 64 / FX / X2" under "CPU" for "???GA-M57SLI-S4".
>>
>> Why is that so?
>
> K8/Fam10 CPU support is not unified in coreboot v2, and because the
> m57sli target in coreboot was created before Fam10 was available,
> coreboot on m57sli only supports K8.

On the subject of CPU support (in v2, at least) is there something to
be careful about, when using opteron 165 (dual core opteron without
registered ECC ram support)

I'm asking that because I have such a CPU and I have really strange
bug when booting linux kernel, and I have been told that it could be
RAM-related... And I'm actually unable to pinpoint the problem myself.

--
Vincent Legoll