[coreboot] Convert Assembly JMP to C

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Fri Sep 12 00:19:11 CEST 2008

Joseph Smith wrote:
> > I think you should just use SeaBIOS.
>
> Nope. This will be a autoboot_mbr option of FILO. Here is how it
> will work:

So you're teaching FILO how to act like a BIOS.

I will fight that patch hard. I'm afraid I think this design is
completely misguided.

Joseph Smith wrote:
> Ah, Jordan you speak to soon. I have learn a way to setup a simple
> real mode interrupt handler, capable of sending generic/dummy

We generally want less of these, not more. Because they are needed
for compatibility reasons the ideal scenario is to contain them in
one single place. That place is SeaBIOS.

If you want BIOS behavior, just use a BIOS.

//Peter