[coreboot] FILO creating filo.conf

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Fri Sep 12 05:32:03 CEST 2008

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 05:21:08 +0200, Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se> wrote:
> Joseph Smith wrote:
>> FILO searches for a filo.conf file on the first drive it finds
>
> Scanning for drives has been considered before but always dismissed
> because it will potentially take a very long time for FILO to start
> if it needs to wait for drives to start.

Doesn't the drive have to start for FILO to invoke GRUB?

> As an optional feature, everyone pretty much said they want to be
> able to do such a drive scan only a few days ago. Would be great if
> you want to hack on it! :)

I do think this would be better approach. I don't think scanning a top
level directory would take very long. It wouldn't scan sub directories.
Especially when the first drive it finds in the first partition root
directory is usually your "/boot" partition. How many files are there, not
many.

Joseph Smith
Set-Top-Linux
www.settoplinux.org