[coreboot] Convert Assembly JMP to C

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Fri Sep 12 09:46:02 CEST 2008

Peter Stuge wrote:
> As for a new standard I think we should start out by evaluating all
> current disklabel schemes to see what state of the art is, and how we
> can improve upon it.

I still like Amiga's Rigid Disk Label best. It stores the firmware's
filesystem driver for each file in the "partition table" to a partition
so the firmware can always read a disk, no matter how new and weird the
filesystem is. It also has no limitation on partitions.

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613