[coreboot] FILO creating filo.conf

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Fri Sep 12 19:15:06 CEST 2008

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 15:37:41 +0200, Stefan Reinauer <stepan at coresystems.de>
> I think this might be even better...
> writing to drives from firmware might be a bad idea,
Why? Even if it is simple text file?
> though... can this
> be done with cmos bits?
Not sure....you would have basicly convert a kernel command line into hex
and store it in cmos???
This is why I asked you if it was possible to have a small read/write area
in flash possibly at the end of the payload.
> An interesting thing would also be to parse syslinux config files and
> put them in the grub menu.. these are used on basically all linux
> install cds/dvds..
Yeh I like this idea for read only media. I hope you don't mind if I
forward this to the list for more opinions.

Joseph Smith