[coreboot] FILO creating filo.conf

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Mon Sep 15 22:32:51 CEST 2008

On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 14:17:11 -0500, Alex Mauer <hawke at hawkesnest.net>
> Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
>> Some legacy BIOSes seem to use that method. Stuffing a complete flashrom
>> binary there would be overkill, though.
> He was talking about turning flashrom into a library.  I guess you'd
> have to ask him about the details though.
Well like I said earlier. Why not setup a small jffs2 filesystem in flash
to host filo.conf? We would also have to add support for jffs2 to FILO. But
it would work pretty cool. I also found some old posts where Eric Biederman
was looking into jffs2 for something else. I'm not sure if he got anywhere
with it.

Joseph Smith