[coreboot] Multiboot

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Tue Sep 16 17:36:21 CEST 2008

On 16/09/08 16:35 +0200, Robert Millan wrote:
> I don't understand what you mean here.
>
> > - Please investigate the possibility to add that multiboot code to
> > libpayload so that Bayou can use it. Bayou is our recommended default
> > payload chooser and it would be nice if Bayou could support multiboot.
>
> Once base Multiboot support is in coreboot, if libpayload/bayou don't
> overwrite the structures it'd be reasonably simple to reuse them by simply
> passing on a pointer.  Just 3-4 lines of code I think.  I can have a look
> later if you like.

Indeed - step 1 is making libpayload grok the tables itself, I already
have an untested patch that does that.   Step 2 is passing it on to other
interested entities, which we can do either by passing the pointer, or
in an extreme case, saving off the tables and reconstructing them for
the child payloads.  None of this will be any concern at all for the
payloads.

Jordan