[coreboot] coreboot on MS-6380E and/or Intel PM965

Corey Osgood corey.osgood at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 20:09:40 CEST 2008

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 3:27 PM, Tomas Kyselica
<tomas.kyselica at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi *,
>
>   I would like to ask if it is planned to support MS-6380E motherboard (my
> old desktop)

Almost definitely not. That's the KT333 chipset, not currently
supported, and since it's old tech with NDA'd datasheets, it not
likely to be supported either.

> or Intel PM965 chipset (in my MSI GX700 notebook).

Notebooks present a whole other problem, the embedded controller. The
datasheet on that is almost definitely under NDA, and the EC is so
integrated it's almost impossible to attempt a port without that
datasheet. The PM965 isn't supported at the moment either, and I don't
know of anyone working on it. Sorry!

-Corey