[coreboot] splash screen

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 13:47:56 CEST 2008

I need some help with getting a splashscreen up. This is a short
deadline,, I am looking to have coreboot boot and show this screen
for, say, 5 seconds. I need it working by oct. 20.

If anyone has pointers on where to start in learning how to set this
up, I would appreciate it.

It needs to be on real hardware -- I might try it with a DBE62 if I
can get one in time, or and ADL board if not.

Any vendor who would like their logo on this splash (if it makes
sense) be sure to send me your logo and your permission.

This demo is for a cybersecurity workshop I am going to, various
people in the US are realizing now that security concerns extend into
the BIOS, and they're also understanding the value of an open source
bios. Actually some folks are *very* concerned about what can go on in
the BIOS as this point ... I will try to remember to put a recent talk
up on the web site next week.

thanks

ron