[coreboot] splash screen

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Tue Sep 23 16:04:52 CEST 2008

On 23/09/08 04:47 -0700, ron minnich wrote:
> I need some help with getting a splashscreen up. This is a short
> deadline,, I am looking to have coreboot boot and show this screen
> for, say, 5 seconds. I need it working by oct. 20.
> If anyone has pointers on where to start in learning how to set this
> up, I would appreciate it.
> It needs to be on real hardware -- I might try it with a DBE62 if I
> can get one in time, or and ADL board if not.

Libpayload could do what you need. For Geode, this isn't a problem,
a few extra lines of code and you are there.  I've been meaning
all along to implement this, but I have been holding off since we didn't
have a VESA driver, and I am pretty serious about keeping balance
in libpayload (we all love Geode, but I want to make sure everybody
can play).

So Geode can do a splash screen really easily - VESA would require
a driver, but in the end that wouldn't be such a bad thing since I've been
saying we've needed a VESA driver for some time now.

Let me know if this interests you, and I'll give more details.

Jordan Crouse
Systems Software Development Engineer
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.