[coreboot] Dell latitude c610

Michal Janke m.yankee at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 01:29:30 CEST 2009

2009/3/31 Joseph Smith <joe at settoplinux.org>:

> Hello, Looks like an i830 chipset laptop. I would love to see coreboot
> running on an i830 chipset laptop. I wrote the i830 code (with lots of help
> from everyone here:-) ) and would be glad to help in any way that I can.
> Looks like the first thing is to get your SMSC LPC47N252 SuperIO working.
> Most of the SMSC LPC47* are closely related from a programming stand point.
> I think everything else is supported by coreboot. The only concerns I have
> is with the graphics (LCD) and battery charging. See:
> http://www.coreboot.org/Laptop
> If your willing to give it a go, I woud be glad to support you any way I
> can. If you want some base code to start with you can use the RCA RM4100
> (i830 based set-top-box). Hope that helps.

Thanks for your reply, Joseph. Sounds quite encouraging. Could you
suggest, what I can start with? Qemu maybe? Do you think there would
be a need for a lot of programming?
I hope I would be able to handle this. Any I will surely need quite
some help... It's been quite a while since I last wrote any
significant portion of code.

What did you mean I should look for at http://www.coreboot.org/Laptop?
I didn't notice anything much related to my hardware there. Probably I
do not yet associate the therms with each other too well.