[coreboot] command uuid in grub.conf

Vikram Hegde vikhegde at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 22:29:59 CEST 2009

Hi,

Solaris now uses findroot command (also available only in patched GRUB).
Both findroot and uuid commands were created because the root command
(specifically "hd") is fiendishly difficult to determine from an OS. The
"hd" is the BIOS disk ID which the BIOS can assign as it pleases and very
difficult for the OS to determine what the mapping from BIOS ID to disk is
particularly when you change boot disks.

Vikram